From the previous BoxNCase community. Original author names are preserved; these are not verified customer accounts.
1 replies
sadoun999 · Archived author
I run a small café and can’t figure out what’s up with coconut water sales. One month, I can’t keep it in stock, and the next, it’s like I've got a case of the stuff collecting dust in the back. It’s driving me a little crazy, honestly. Do people just switch what they drink based on the weather, or is something else going on here?
I've tried different brands and sizes, thinking that maybe it's the packaging or just different tastes. I've even mixed it into smoothies and tried tasting samples when I'm ordering, hoping that would spark some loyalty. But it feels like a game of whack-a-mole: I nail it down one week, and then boom-it's gone the next. How do I get ahead of the trends instead of always chasing after them? Would love to hear if anyone else has faced this odd love/hate relationship with coconut water.
rishi · Archived author
Totally normal problem, you are not alone. Coconut water is hit-or-miss because it’s seasonal, brand- and price-sensitive, and shoppers use it for different reasons (thirst/hydration, mixer, or health trend). In short, it spikes in warm months and after big fitness trends, then lulls when people switch back to flavored waters, sparkling, or cheaper sports drinks.
Quick realities to keep in mind
Big demand swings in summer or heat waves, and again around New Year when people try "clean" drinks.
Premium single-serve brands can sit if priced near energy drinks, so price matters more than taste for many customers.
Product ideas that move
Chilled single-serve tetra or 16 oz bottles for grab-and-go.
Small cans (330–355 ml) as a mixer or impulse buy.
Flavored coconut waters (lime, pineapple) for variety.
Use older stock in smoothies or house hydration shots to avoid waste.
Practical steps you can do this week
Pull the last 90 days of sales and pick 1-2 SKUs that actually sell. Cut slow SKUs down to one case at a time.
Set par levels for your fridge (aim to turn coconut water in 2–3 weeks). Price to land a 35–50% margin if you can, or run a $1 off bundle with a sandwich to increase velocity.
Merch: put 6 chilled bottles near cold brew/energy drinks and a small sign, try a 2-for deal for two
Have something to add?
Straight from BoxNCase
Looking for official guidance?
Explore help with orders, deliveries, your account, and making the most of BoxNCase.