From the previous BoxNCase community. Original author names are preserved; these are not verified customer accounts.
1 replies
aliahmed · Archived author
So I run a small coffee shop in a pretty busy neighborhood, and I'm trying to figure out the best snack options to keep people coming in during these colder months. In past winters, I’ve relied on classics like muffins and cookies, but I feel like I need a twist to stand out this year.
I’m thinking something a little different that’s still easy to grab but also feels seasonally appropriate. Maybe savory options or indulgent treats? I also want to avoid anything too vague or trendy-maybe you’ve tried something and it bombed or turned out to be a hit?
I'm all ears for any suggestions on specific products or brands that really worked for you. Honestly, I'd hate to waste time and money guessing what might sell. Would love to hear what you've all found successful!
funclub204 · Archived author
Nice question. For winter you want snacks that feel cozy, heat-friendly, and easy to grab between coffees. Customers are leaning into savory handhelds and rich seasonal flavors this year, not just more muffins. In my experience counter snacks do around 50-60% margin if you price them right, so pick items that turn fast.
Good categories to test
Savory hand-helds: pre-baked sausage rolls, empanadas, mini quiches, or soft pretzel bites. They read warm even when just boxed.
Hearty sweet treats: maple or salted caramel cookies, cinnamon crumb bars, brown butter blondies.
Meat/snack sticks and small jerky packs for grab-and-go protein options, great for daytime traffic.
Ready-to-drink and indulgent pairings: bottled lattes, chai, or hot chocolate packets you can upsell with a pastry.
Microwaveable soup cups or cup-ramen for lunch crowds if you have a microwave.
Seasonal flavors that actually sell: maple, cinnamon-ginger, salted caramel, spiced apple, brown butter. Don’t chase weird trends, pick 2 seasonal flavors plus 2 evergreen items.
Practical steps to try this week
Pick 4 SKUs: 2 savory, 1 seasonal sweet, 1 evergreen grab-and-go. Buy small cases so you can test without major risk.
Price for impulse: $2.75 to $4.50 depending on size. Promote a coffee + snack combo for $1 off to lift average ticket.
Track sell-through for 2 weeks, move slow sellers to display or a discounted “
Have something to add?
Straight from BoxNCase
Looking for official guidance?
Explore help with orders, deliveries, your account, and making the most of BoxNCase.