From the previous BoxNCase community. Original author names are preserved; these are not verified customer accounts.
2 replies
farjana38473 · Archived author
I've been stocking my gas station with a bunch of snack options, thinking the classics would do fine. You know, chips, candy bars, and those big bags of beef jerky that I always see flying off the shelves at the convenience store down the street. But honestly, my inventory isn’t moving like I hoped it would.
I know people love munchies on the go, but it feels like they’re just browsing without deciding to buy. I’ve even tried putting out a seasonal display, but it didn’t seem to help much. Do any of you have insights on what sells best in a spot like this? What unique snacks have actually boosted your sales?
I’m trying not to waste a ton of cash on items that just end up getting marked down. If you have any specific brands or types of snacks that have really moved for you, throw them my way! I’d love to reclaim some shelf space and get a better turnover rate. I appreciate any tips!
drizzy75 · Archived author
Totally normal problem. A lot of people stock "what they like" instead of what sells on impulse. A few quick realities I’ve seen this year: RTD cold brew and canned energy drinks are still top movers in c-stores, and single-serve snacks under $3 get way more traction than big bags. Customers want grab-and-go, not choices that slow them down.
Products that actually move
Jerky sticks and snack sticks, single-serve packs. Easier to grab than big bags.
Ready-to-drink coffee and cold brew bottles, plus energy drinks. These boost basket size.
Protein bars and better-for-you bars, smaller portion chips and 1-2 oz nuts.
Single-serve candy and gum at the register for true impulse buys.
Seasonal novelty items if merchandised at eye level, but don’t overdo SKUs.
Margins and pricing
Aim for 50-60% margin on counter snacks. Price impulse items $1.49 to $2.99 so buyers feel the quick-decision pull.
Simple steps you can take this week
Do a 15-minute SKU audit, remove the 10 slowest-moving
drizzy75 · Archived author
Totally normal problem. A lot of people stock "what they like" instead of what sells on impulse. A few quick realities I’ve seen this year: RTD cold brew and canned energy drinks are still top movers in c-stores, and single-serve snacks under $3 get way more traction than big bags. Customers want grab-and-go, not choices that slow them down.
Products that actually move
Jerky sticks and snack sticks, single-serve packs. Easier to grab than big bags.
Ready-to-drink coffee and cold brew bottles, plus energy drinks. These boost basket size.
Protein bars and better-for-you bars, smaller portion chips and 1-2 oz nuts.
Single-serve candy and gum at the register for true impulse buys.
Seasonal novelty items if merchandised at eye level, but don’t overdo SKUs.
Margins and pricing
Aim for 50-60% margin on counter snacks. Price impulse items $1.49 to $2.99 so buyers feel the quick-decision pull.
Simple steps you can take this week
Do a 15-minute SKU audit, remove the 10 slowest-moving
Have something to add?
Straight from BoxNCase
Looking for official guidance?
Explore help with orders, deliveries, your account, and making the most of BoxNCase.