BoxNCaseContact us
COMMUNITY DISCUSSION

Is Gouda really worth the hype?

From the previous BoxNCase community. Original author names are preserved; these are not verified customer accounts.

1 replies

I run a small deli downtown, and I've been receiving a ton of requests for Gouda lately. Everyone seems to be raving about it, but honestly, I'm not sure if it's just a fad or something that's here to stay. It’s a pretty pricey cheese compared to my standard offerings, and I don’t want to take a hit if it doesn’t sell.

Last week, one of my loyal customers brought it up and even offered a recipe to promote a "Gouda melt" sandwich. Okay, I get it-sounds delicious. But I've also tried introducing other trendy items before, and they flopped pretty hard. Am I better off sticking with tried-and-true options or should I take a gamble on this one? Would love to hear how others have approached this situation, especially if you've had success adding Gouda to your menu.

I run a small deli downtown, and I've been receiving a ton of requests for Gouda lately. Everyone seems to be raving about it, but honestly, I'm not sure if it's just a fad or something that's here to stay. It’s a pretty pricey cheese compared to my standard offerings, and I don’t want to take a hit if it doesn’t sell.

Last week, one of my loyal customers brought it up and even offered a recipe to promote a "Gouda melt" sandwich. Okay, I get it-sounds delicious. But I've also tried introducing other trendy items before, and they flopped pretty hard. Am I better off sticking with tried-and-true options or should I take a gamble on this one? Would love to hear how others have approached this situation, especially if you've had success adding Gouda to your menu.

Have something to add?

Straight from BoxNCase

Looking for official guidance?

Explore help with orders, deliveries, your account, and making the most of BoxNCase.

Visit the help center