Running a bakery is usually a sweet job, but I'm drowning in the logistics of keeping my inventory just right. Certain items fly off the shelf, while others sit there like they're in timeout. I’d love to pick the brains of those in similar situations. How do you manage what to keep in stock without going overboard?
I’m finding that my bread sells on weekends like crazy, but pastries? They hardly make it past Wednesday. I'm stuck with lots of leftover danishes that no one wants toward the end of the week. I've tried tweaking my order sizes, but it feels like I’m just guessing now.
How do you gauge what to order and when? I don't want to end up with a bunch of stale goods or disappointed customers either. Anyone have strategies that work for them, like using rotation systems or adjusting production based on trends? Honestly, I could use some real-world advice here!