BoxNCaseContact us
COMMUNITY DISCUSSION

Finding the right winter drink

From the previous BoxNCase community. Original author names are preserved; these are not verified customer accounts.

1 replies

I run a cozy little coffee shop in my small town, and I’m debating what seasonal drinks to offer this winter. Last year, I did the usual peppermint mochas and some version of eggnog latte, but honestly, they weren’t huge sellers. I’m looking for something that’ll get people excited but also won’t break the bank.

I’ve been experimenting with a couple of unique flavors like chai lattes with a ginger twist and even a lavender hot chocolate, but I’m not sure if they’re too out there for my clientele. So, I guess I’m curious-what’s been successful for you when it comes to winter beverage offerings? Do you play it safe with the classics, or do you take the plunge with creative combos? Just trying to stand out during the dreary months and keep those sales up!

Nice little project. If you want to be a helpful community responder, keep it fast, practical, and action-oriented. Here’s a simple playbook you can use right away.

Quick realities I see in stores right now: RTD coffee and energy drinks keep outselling new candy because of grab-and-go demand, and frozen breakfast sandwiches are one of the fastest-growing impulse buys for morning traffic. Margins vary, around 50-60% on counter snacks like chips and candy, 25-35% on bottled drinks, and breakfast/freezer items can be high-margin if turnover is steady.

Product/category ideas to mention in replies

  • RTD coffee and chilled cold brew for morning upsell
  • Single-serve jerky and protein bars for higher margin grab-and-go
  • Energy drinks and functional seltzers for younger shoppers
  • Frozen breakfast sandwiches and burritos for early-morning add-on
  • Multi-pack gum and mints by the register for last-second impulse buys

What to do this week

  1. Sign up and scan the forum for 3 unanswered posts that match your experience, like “best morning items” or “low-waste snacks.” Reply to those first.
  2. Draft short, specific replies: name 2 product types, a basic placement tip, and a simple promo idea. Example: “Put RTD coffee by the door for morning traffic, bundle with a pastry for $1 off.”
  3. Test one small order to recommend from experience. Mention shelf placement and expected margin or turnover in your reply so it feels real.

Reply template to reuse

  • One-line empathy: “I run a small c-store/cafe, same problem”
  • Two product suggestions with why they work
  • One placement or promo tip
  • One action step they can try this week

Honestly, quick practical notes beat long theory. Keep replies under 4 short paragraphs, and share a real test you ran when possible. People trust specifics from someone who’s actually sold it.

Have something to add?

Straight from BoxNCase

Looking for official guidance?

Explore help with orders, deliveries, your account, and making the most of BoxNCase.

Visit the help center