From the previous BoxNCase community. Original author names are preserved; these are not verified customer accounts.
1 replies
nbadol · Archived author
Hey, everyone. I'm a coffee shop owner, and I've been debating whether to invest in seasonal drinks this winter. You know, that classic pumpkin spice latte gets the hype, but I've heard mixed feelings about other seasonal flavors. Last year, I jumped on the peppermint mocha trend, but honestly, it just sat there, and I ended up discounting it.
So, I'm curious-how do you all decide which seasonal beverages to add to your menu? Do you see a good return on that investment, or is it just a major cash sink? I'm all for having fun with flavors, but I can't afford to do that if it's just going to end up in the trash. If you have any insights or experiences to share, I'd love to hear what works for you!
aman9835 · Archived author
Nice little project. If you want to be a helpful community responder, keep it fast, practical, and action-oriented. Here’s a simple playbook you can use right away.
Quick realities I see in stores right now: RTD coffee and energy drinks keep outselling new candy because of grab-and-go demand, and frozen breakfast sandwiches are one of the fastest-growing impulse buys for morning traffic. Margins vary, around 50-60% on counter snacks like chips and candy, 25-35% on bottled drinks, and breakfast/freezer items can be high-margin if turnover is steady.
Product/category ideas to mention in replies
RTD coffee and chilled cold brew for morning upsell
Single-serve jerky and protein bars for higher margin grab-and-go
Energy drinks and functional seltzers for younger shoppers
Frozen breakfast sandwiches and burritos for early-morning add-on
Multi-pack gum and mints by the register for last-second impulse buys
What to do this week
Sign up and scan the forum for 3 unanswered posts that match your experience, like “best morning items” or “low-waste snacks.” Reply to those first.
Draft short, specific replies: name 2 product types, a basic placement tip, and a simple promo idea. Example: “Put RTD coffee by the door for morning traffic, bundle with a pastry for $1 off.”
Test one small order to recommend from experience. Mention shelf placement and expected margin or turnover in your reply so it feels real.
Reply template to reuse
One-line empathy: “I run a small c-store/cafe, same problem”
Two product suggestions with why they work
One placement or promo tip
One action step they can try this week
Honestly, quick practical notes beat long theory. Keep replies under 4 short paragraphs, and share a real test you ran when possible. People trust specifics from someone who’s actually sold it.
Have something to add?
Straight from BoxNCase
Looking for official guidance?
Explore help with orders, deliveries, your account, and making the most of BoxNCase.