BoxNCaseContact us
COMMUNITY DISCUSSION

Are newbie baristas worth it?

From the previous BoxNCase community. Original author names are preserved; these are not verified customer accounts.

0 replies

So, I'm running a small coffee shop and just hired two new baristas fresh out of training. Honestly, I'm a bit concerned. They were super excited during interviews, but now I’m asking myself if I made the right call. One of them seems to forget simple drink orders, and the other drops our syrup bottles like they're made of paper.

I get it, everyone has to start somewhere, but my regulars have started to notice. Do you guys think it’s worth sticking with them through the learning curve, or should I just look for more experienced help? It feels harsh to let them go right when they’re trying, but my bottom line can’t take too much of this trial phase. Any thoughts or experiences navigating this would be super helpful!

Have something to add?

Straight from BoxNCase

Looking for official guidance?

Explore help with orders, deliveries, your account, and making the most of BoxNCase.

Visit the help center